Sunday, December 24, 2006

Home for a (working) Holiday!

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I wasn't even supposed to go home for the holidays. I had gone to visit my sister in Paris, and I was just going to spend a quiet Christmas in DC, curled up in bed hibernating till the new year. But my sister guilted me to going home for the holidays. "It will be the first time in 42 years that Mom and Dad will be alone," she said. And I'm a good son. Or try to be. So I bought an exhorbitant plane ticket to CO.

Yes, CO. Not Denver, but the flight on Friday was hellish. Only a mere 5 hour delay in Chicago. But I'm not going to bitch. I was lucky. Really lucky. I ran into so many people who had been trying to get somewhere for 2 days. The wait list to COS was over a hundred people long. Just so sad. So while my flight wasn't good, I got home.

And promptly went to work. The big chore was to get rid of the behemoth TV they have in the den. It was hard for Dad and I to get it out and into the Big Wheel (his truck). I can't imagine if he had tried to do it on his own. It would not have been pretty. Then we got the new LCD TV up and installed. It's sweet. I can't wait till I get one. Then it was time for tech support. I cleaned up Mom's PC: de-frag, virus check, spyware check, ad-aware check. Updated her IE. I'm working on Dad's also. He's got an ancient PC that runs Windows 98 SE. I keep telling him that he needs to update, but he won't listen.

It's quiet here. I miss my neice and nephew and my sister of course. But they are all asleep now in Paris. We'll talk with them tomorrow. So that will be good.

Here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a very peaceful holiday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home