Sunday, February 18, 2007

Just Me and Sandra Bullock

Yep, that's how I spent my weekend.

I can rationalize that my failure to go out on Friday night was due to being tired after working all week on a proposal. And I did go out briefly on Saturday during the day. But I killed my plans to go out on Saturday night when I realized that I was having trouble getting into a pair of my jeans. Getting depressed about how big I am is usually not a good mindset to have when going to JRs and seeing the S&M crowd. And other than a couple of trips today (church, volunteer gig, and lunch date), I've curled up in my condo all weekend. Sad and pathetic, or just catching up on some much needed rest, or hibernating and hiding from the world? You chose.

Regardless, I''ve been able to spend some quality time with Sandra. And yes I have Netflix movies I need to watch. And yes I have a ton of Tivo stuff I need to watch. But Ms. Bullock just beguiles me and I get sucked into watching really bad TV. Speed, Ms. Congeniality, 28 Days, even Murder By Numbers. I watched them all. Well, not really Murder By Numbers. I'm a bit too squeamish for it. But I channel surfed through it spotting Ms. Bullock there. If I had seen The Net it would have been perfect. The Net has one of my favorite quotes:

Cyberbob: So what do U want in a man?
Angela Bennett: Butch, beautiful, brilliant, Captain America meets Albert Schweitzer. Spends all day dashing into fray while making world safe for democracy; at night playing Bach cantatas while curing cancer.

Exactly! But maybe not so much the Bach cantatas.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

I can't help it, I love Miss Congeniality. Tho I heard #2 REALLY sucked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home