Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bathroom Etiquette

Men don't talk in the bathroom. That's just a general rule. Oh sure, if it's only a guy and a co-worker or a buddy, they may chat briefly. But if it's a bathroom with other people there, everyone is quiet. They do their business (so to speak) and then they leave.

So you're standing at a row of urinals doing your thing. Someone walks up to use the urinal next to you. And while you are standing there, they emit the loudest, longest, fart. What if it's someone you know?

Do you say anything, or just keep your mouth shut?

Does what happens in the bathroom, stay in the bathroom?

What would Miss (or Mr.) Manners say?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Totally acceptable. A bit icky, but fine by me.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger tankmontreal said...

If he were a stranger, I'd ignore it and get outta there as quick as I could. If he were a buddy, I'd turn to him and say, in my best Roseanne Roseannadana, "Did that come outta YOU?!?!?" And then I'd get outta there as quick as I could. But in any circumstance, what happens in the bathroom remains in the bathroom. It's just good form.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger d.K. said...

I'd shoot a very disgusted look, one that conveyed sheer contempt, and then ignore the fucker. Eek. And no, that woundn't stay in the bathroom - I'd announce it to anyone I knew who wouldn't feel threatened by the context. Yuk.

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Chaos01 said...

I just say "yummy" and then get out of there. the sarcasim gets azacvwkthem every time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home