Thursday, January 06, 2011

Thintervention

So I was obsessed with the Bravo show "Working Out" when it was on a couple of years ago. And this fall, they did a short series called "Thintervention" where Jackie Warner (seriously fit uber lesbian) works with a bunch of overweight people to help them lose weight. One of the people is a gay guy who is looking to lose 60 pounds. Now while I don't need to lose that much, I totally identified with him. And it was pretty impressive to see him work out every week on the show and really start to see him change his life. At the end of the series (which I think in real life was 14 weeks), he had lost 66 pounds. In 14 weeks. How impressive is that?

So I bought Jackie Warner's book: "This Is Why You Are Fat (And How To Get Thin Forever)". Nice subtle title, right? So I read it, and studied it, and I figured it was time for My Own Personal Thintervention (MOPT).

So I sort of started before New Years, I figured once I got home from the holidays, I might as well start. So I started taking vitamins, working out, trying to eat 5 meals a day. And despite the pizzafest on New Years Eve, and the fabulous and very alcohol heavy brunch New Years Day, and the nice dinner at the Kennedy Center, I still managed to lose 4 pounds my first week.

So I'm totally pysched. I'm really looking forward to the next week on the program. I do plan to cheat on Saturday (we're allowed 2 cheat meals), but if I follow the program properly, I should lose atleast another 4 pounds. Or atleast that's my goal.

My long team goal? I want to lose 30 pounds by the summer. And in addition to the losing the weight, I want to build some muscle back up. Lawyer X and I are going on another cruise with teh gays, and I want to be in the best shape possible.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home