Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Bird Man

So John use to complain about living in DC all the time.  His condo was right on Logan Circle and there were quite a few homeless people there so it wasn't that nice.  And apparently he was walking Suki one morning and some guy was taking a dump in the circle.

I would always brush it off by saying: "Local color!"  I just didn't think it was that bad.

But now . . . . .

So some loser has been throwing gigantic chunks of bread all around the neighborhood.  And of course Suki loves to grab them and suck them down before I even have a chance to see what it is, much less stop her.  And it's everywhere, so I'm constantly keeping her at a short lease so I can make sure she doesn't inhale an gigantic pieces of bread.

So the morning I was heading to jury duty, I came out of my condo and I say a guy throwing some bread and crumbs over the fence at the apartment building across the street.

So I walked over to him and I asked him not to do that as it attracts rats.  Which we have plenty of.

And he said there were no rats (?!?!?) and that it was for the birds.

So I said that even if there weren't rats, and there really are a lot of rats on my block because of the two hotels behind my building, I say my dog eats the bread and I don't like her doing that since I don't know what it is.

And then he said that's my problem.  And he started walking away.

Now I was stunned by this whole little episode so I maybe have raised my voices as he walked away and I said, "No, it's everyone's problem since it's littering."

Just just blew me off and told me to calm down.

And so naturally that just made me mad.

I did look it up and it is a DC Health Code violation, but it's not like I can call the cops on the guy.  The next time I see him, I'm going to video tape him and post it to youtube.

Loser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home