Sunday, April 10, 2005

Define "Normal"

From dictionary.com: "Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical".

Yeah, that's not me. In any way.

I've been reading a lot of blogs recently, and it's interesting to glimpse into the lives of these various people around the US. And at times I like to think of them as parallal lives that might have happened to me.

Say I didn't go to the Naval Academy. Say I went to Johns Hopkins instead. Would I have come out earlier? Without the discipline and structure of the Naval Academy, would I have gotten into the drug scene, would I have been safe, would I be like one of the people who's blog I read about?

It's all kind of interesting. And I don't know. I'm not sure what normal means anymore, and I'm not sure I care.

Aren't I just supposed to be the person I'm meant to be? And shouldn't I have found out who that person is by now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home