Sunday, February 05, 2006

Cruise Report Part III

Labadee

Royal Caribbean owns this private resort called Labadee. On the brochure they say it’s on Hispaniola, the island that includes the Domincan Republic and Haiti. But the resort is actually part of Haiti, but you don’t really want to say that for a marketing perspective.

The resort was huge, and nice. I did some more sunbathing and then I had a massage in a tent up on top of a hill over looking the lagoon. It was nice and the massage was great. The guy was working me over trying to get the knots out of my shoulders.


White Party & the Aftermath.

So the big dance party during the cruise is the White Party. Everyone dresses up in white and the dance lasts all night. I took my Navy chocker whites top, paired it with some white boxer briefs, and voila I had my costume. But the terrible twins, Polly and Esther, are not my friends and I was sweating like you couldn’t believe. If you have any type of muscle tone at all, you’re dancing shirtless and as much as I wanted to do that, I couldn’t.

The ships crew all come out to the party also and stand on the upper deck and just look at the maelstrom of hot sweaty bodies, fog from the dry ice machines, and the colored flashing lights from the laser light show that ricochet across the pool deck. The music was great and I had such a good time dancing and taking pictures of people.

Around 430AM, I decided to call it a night. I crashed, but my stupid body clock went off at 730 and I couldn’t go back to sleep. So I wandered up to the gym and ran into one of the hottie trainers. He made the funny comment that a lot of the guys were still “in state” from last night. Meaning that they were still in whatever drugged state they were in from the dance party. But then I heard that that party wasn’t over. The ship actually has a small dance club called the Dungeon and that’s where the party was. I still had my ear plugs so I went down to check it out.

It was packed. Packed with the living dead. Guys who were hot at 1AM, are not so hot at 9AM when they are cracked out of their minds. Do you really need another bump of crystal meth at 9AM? The music was good, but the crowd was a bit scarey and I just decided to go hit the pool deck instead. From what I understand, the party lasted till 1230 in the afternoon. That’s just insane.

Oh, and here's a pic of my i-boyfriend at the white party.



Last Tea Dance

As the ship sailed back to Miami, we had a final tea dance where Brett Henrichson was spinning. It was just amazing. Everyone had recovered from the White Party and was getting their groove on. We heard great mixes from everyone from Kelly Clarkson to Natasha Bedingfield to Sheryl Crow. It was just amazing. We danced as the sun set, as day turned to dusk and dusk turned to evening. As it got darker, the stars and the moon emerged in the sky above us as we danced to the beat. It felt so good.

Last Laugh!

Shann Carr does an amazing comedy show the night before the cruise ends and basically busts all of the guys for the stupid and funny things that happen on the ship all week. She told some great stories that were funny, poignant, and just too true. One of the great stories she told was about seeing a guy dancing in a corner during the Classic Disco Tea Dance all by himself. She went up to talk to him and he was said that he was dancing with dead people. That he was dancing with all of his friends who had died and who hadn’t lived long enough to see something like this cruise, full of gay man and women, and how special it was. How they would want him to be dancing and celebrating the progress and changes that have been made in the last 10 year. She went on to make a comment about the issue about pulling into Grand Cayman and how we’re making a difference just by going there and letting them see us for who we are. She said that in Cozumel, they know us. We’ve been there before and they know us. And they are actually marketing to us now! “Hey mister, you need a sarong for the White Party?” How’s that for change?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home