Sunday, October 01, 2006

Post Vacation Mind Set

So I usually come back from vacation and I've got a good attitude for about 3.2 minutes. Okay, maybe not quite that short, but it's short. It's the coming back to work, to me, to all of my crap that usually ends that little vacation high you get. You're supposed to be rejuvenated, relaxed, rested, and you should be ready to take on the world. That's the way it's supposed to be, right? For me I usually get the 20 ton load of crap dropped on my shoulders pretty early on and by day 2 or 3 after the vacation I'm miserable and cranky and hating life.

But not this time. It's weird. I got into a really interesting head space while I was on cruise. From a number of different perspectives. It was kind of like I let go of some things. That I didn't have to worry about some stuff. And that I can still do a lot of things that I want to do. It's hard to explain. But the weird thing, is that I've still got that almost positive attitude going. And trust me, that's not normal.

And it's not like everything's coming up roses. I'm still dealing with some Dad issues. And work is work. Still challenging and life sucking at times. And it's not like I've found the miracle diet and all of a sudden I'm thin and beautiful. And tall. And tan. But I think I'm doing okay. No, better than okay. I'm doing good. It's a weird feeling. Not natural.

Anyways, I'm going to ride it for awhile and see where it goes. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home