Friday, June 08, 2007

Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma

So I found out yesterday and I go through cycles where I think of it and then where I push it to the back of my mind. I'm really too busy to be sick. And I'll just say sick instead of the C-word.

The good news is that it's the second most common kind of C-word. And one of the most curable. I've been doing a lot of research online in my spare time. And of course a part of me is going, "Finally! I can be the drama queen I've always wanted to be."

Talked with my sister who I just adore. She was good.

Going to call the parents tonight and talk with them. Not a conversation I'm looking forward to.

If you haven't made it over to Joe's to read his Pride blog entry, you must. It's amazing. And despite the C-word, I'm going out tonight dancing because there's a Madonna party and atleast I'll know all of the songs. Plus, I do think I need to get my groove on.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Chrislbs said...

I hope you soon join the league of cancer survivors. You can then tell guys, "Hey, I am like Lance Armstrong." This is the perfect opening to let them explore to see if you have only one nut.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger d.K. said...

You'll be fine. I'll say a little prayer to make it so. Hang tough.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hang in there buddy -- thinking of you.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Vig said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Kudos on the honesty. Think positively, eat well, exercise, listen to the doctors but think critically and you will be fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home