Friday, September 21, 2007

New Car

It's time for a new car. My little trip to the shop today set me back a cool G. And that's not really that cool if you know what I mean. It's been a bad year for me car wise. The maintenance bill is over $3K for this year. And the thing is that yes my car is over 7 years old, but I've got less than 62k miles on it. I just don't drive it that much. So it *really* shouldn't be costing me this much every year. Needless to say, I think it's time that Sven and I got a divorce.

I'm not sure what I'm going to buy. I only know that it's going to have to wait till next year. Maybe March. But then I'll have an idea of when the new condo will *really* be ready. And while my heart cries out for a nice little two seat convertible, I may end up doing something more mature, responsible, and appropriate. BORING!

Still sick as a dog and just tired all of the time. Not sleeping well. And I've got a huge conference next week that I've got to prepare for.

And no I'm not going to the Depeche Mode dance party thing. I'm a loser. I'm going to curl up in bed and watch some Kathy Griffin shows I tivo-ed.

Wow, I'm living now.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Vig said...

Oh my G-d I'm loving my Jeep. I'd wanted a convertible for twenty years. I hope you'll get a convertible for yourself!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Okay so mine is now 12-years old and has 214,000 on it, but since it still has Volvo maintenance at $189 per year I'm not allowed to get rid of it (sigh). I'll live vicariously through you..

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger d.K. said...

Trey,
I see you are diplaying the BMW z-4 in your message. In 1998, when I retired from the Army, I bought the brand new Z3 as my retirement present from me to me. I loved it, but soon (very soon) discovered it is only useful as a second car. You can't pick up two friends at the airport (or one, who has significant baggage). You can't buy IKEA products without having to arrange delivery. You can't drive on a minor incline during DCs infrequent snow storms. It was very inconvenient, though a beautiful ride and a sharp car. I loved it -- until I was stuck in 2 inches of snow on an incline 3 years ago. With less than 19 K miles on it, I sold it (for a great price at CARMAX), and bought a four-wheel Audi. I wish I had had a place to keep it as a weekend car, but it was not to be. It's a great car - enjoy it if you go that route, but be prepared to be "carless" for many intents and purposes if you go that route... I hadn't thought it through enough... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home