Sunday, December 16, 2007

Adventures in Shopping

Now I missed that gay gene about loving shopping. Just like I missed the interior decorating gene. Anyways, I don't really hate it, it's more like I tolerate shopping. But I usually try to have a plan (gee, go figure). I need to know what I want, where it will be, I'll go in, I'll get it, and then I'm out of there. Kind of search and destroy style shopping. I really don't like shopping when I'm just wandering around because I'm not sure what I need. Or, as today, what my sister and my mom want.

So I'm wandering through Filene's Basement in the women's section. With my eyes just glazed. No clue as to what either of them want, much less need. And, to make it worse, I'm really not sure what size they are. So the wandering is pretty pathetic. And while I'm not a fashionista, I do know enough about clothes to wonder who the hell is buying some of this trash. Well wait, let me re-phrase that. It's more like that some of the clothes there are targeting a different demographic than I'm looking for. But I dealt and I ended up finding something that I hope they don't hate, and fits. That will be a win in my books.

Oh, and I'm still scarred from the trip to Toys-R-Us yesterday. I ordered my nephew's gift online in time for it to get delivered, but apparently it never got shipped. So I had to go to Bailey's Crossroads (which is a traffic nightmare) to the Toys-R-Us there. Saying it was a zoo would be nice. It was a chaotic version of hell with children running amok. I stood in line for over 25 minutes so I could buy the race car set for my nephew. He better like it!

Oh, and 48 hours from now I'll be on a plane to Paris. I've got a TON of stuff to do. Including getting a proposal for work done. I haven't hit the panic stage, but I'm fairly certain I'm not sleeping Monday night. See, I try to plan my panic attacks. That's just the type of guy I am.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home