Sunday, December 23, 2007

Paris for the Holidays!

So far it's been pretty good. I haven't been this unproductive in a long time. Which is pretty good, I needed some downtime. I did have a little office blow up just after I got here and it's hard to manage by email when you are 6 time zones apart and don't have a crackberry, but I managed. Since then it's been pretty quiet. But I am having cell phone withdrawal. While waiting for something I have this almost uncontrollable desire to pull out my cell phone, check my messages, make a call, or play a game. Yes, I'm pathetic.

It's cold here. And not crazy cold, only like 25 degrees cold, but it seems colder. You really have to bundle up or you'll freeze. I think part of the problem with the cold is that I'm used to that cold of weather when I go from my house to my car, and my car to the gym, and the gym to my office. Short periods of time where you just suck it up. Here, you walk around outside in the cold for 2-3 hours at a time and it gets to you.

Now, I would feel sorry for the homeless (and in general I do), but when I see a homeless guy sitting on the street with two beers, two packs of cigs, and talking on his cell phone, it's hard to feel that same sympathy.

My sister and I walked down the Champs Elysees last night and saw all of the cool lights. Paris is definitely the City of Lights and they really pull out all of the stops at Christmas. In addition to the lights on the buildings and in the treese (cool blue ones!), we were treated to the lights of a million cars cruising the Champs as I like to call it. The traffic here is really insane.

Oh, I'm not a big drinker, but I do want to get an Amsterdam beer! We saw this sign for Amsterdam beer that comes in three different types. The Explorator with only 6.8% alcohol. The Navigator with 8.4% alcohol. Or the Maximator with a whopping 11.6% alcohol. That's just insane.

And no I have not been going out at night. One it's frakken cold. But also because I just don't see the point. I'm huge and feeling about as asexual as an amoeba. So why go out and depress myself.

Well it's time to go swimming with the kinder. Joyeux Noel to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home