Thursday, July 10, 2008

On A Day Like Today . . . . . .

You never want to see the sun go down! (Yes it's a Bryan Adam's song, but I prefer the techno version, natch!).

OMG! (as the kids say) I'm just having an AMAZING time here in Ptown. Unless I get hit by a car, this will probably rank up there as one of the best vacations I've had in a long time. For example, take yesterday . . . .

I got up and wandered over to Frappo66 for breakfast and then plugged in my laptop to look at some work email, check the blogs, etc. Afterwards, I packed up and headed to the beach around 1030. The wind was blowing pretty hard and the breeze felt amazing as I biked to the trail head. I popped my headphones on and started to hike across the tidal flats listening to my tunes. It's a 15-20 minute hike across the flats (when there is little/no water), and without the breeze it would have been brutal, but with the breeze it felt amazing. I make my way to the dune ridge that separates the tidal flats from the beach and the ocean. Climb up and over the dunes and find my spot on the beach. I've been going to a certain spot all week where I lay down the blue bomber (my old USNA breadspread), slather on the sunscreen, and then lay down to soak in the sun as the wind races by. Again, without the wind, I would have melted to death, but the breeze kept it cool, and kept the bugs away. The winds also helped kick up the surf. The usual gentle ocean waves slowly rolling onto the beach were gone, replaced by white caps and decent size waves crashing onto the beach with a dull roar. After several changes of position (back, stomach, back, stomach), I get up and head into the water. I've been brave this trip and every day I've gone into the bracing cold water of the North Atlantic. It still stung a bit, but I was more worried about not getting bowled over by the crashing waves. I made my way past the break and then played that game where you jump up as the wave approaches so you float above the crest to keep your head dry. Soo much fun and I didn't even mind the cold water. I slowly trudge out of the surf and make my way to my spot collapsing and letting the sun warm me up and dry me off. It felt so go to be out there on the beach that I stayed out there till almost 3PM. Then it was time for the hike back across the flats, the bike ride into town, grabbing a sandwich for lunch, a quick shower and change and then T-dance. Well at the T dance they were goingf to be filming an episode of Samantha Brown's Passport to Great Weekends. And her guide for Ptown was none other than Ms. Richfiled 1981. Luv her! So there was a little bit of fun and excitement to the T dance in addition to the great music.

Oh, t-shirt update:
- Do Me, Not Meth.
- The Only Thing I Recycle Is Boys
- Pride Ruins Most Relationships

Then after T, I rested a bit and then went to see a show. I went to see Jackie Beat. And she was hilarious! Just too funny. After that, it was time to go out again.

So almost a perfect day.

Today I'm doing something a little bit different. I'm going to go to the beach late and stay for sunset. I've never done that before so I'm looking forward to it. It means I've got to give up the T Dance, but that's the price I'll have to pay. I've already done my gift shopping and today I went out and bought a whole bunch of age inappropriate clothing. Of course, I keep getting told that I look like I'm barely 30 (which I must thank good lighting for!), so maybe it's not that age inappropriate.

Oh, here's a song from T-dance that I love:

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger ShakaShawn said...

Hey Trey! My name is Shawn we met in Vegas a few years ago. I just happened to run across your blog post and wanted say hi. It's been so long. Would love to catch up. I'm still in Maui. Hope to hear from you. Late- Shawn
sboeckman@hotmail.com

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger tankmontreal said...

Sorry we didn't get to meet up on the Cape. Logistics are so difficult when everyone's on vacation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home