Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy 2005

Amazingly enough, I'm looking forward to 2005. 2004 didn't work out the way I thought it might, professionally or personally, but I've got a strange, dare I say positive attitude toward 2005. This could be my year. When all of my dreams come true. I'm hoping this positive feeling lasts while.

I did wake up with a small hangover. Three margaritas and some champagne will do that to you. I did get a kiss last night. From the guy I wanted to kiss. But I'm not sure it's the kiss I wanted. It's weird and confusing and one of my resolutions this year is to be more open and honest in . . . . . wait for it . . . . communicating my feelings (gasp!). Yeah, never my strong suit, but I'm going to try. Despite the hangover, I did go to the gym. It was amazingly empty. I suspect that most people's new year resolutions don't start till Monday. Then the gym will be an absolute zoo. Oh well.

Speaking of resolutions, I've made a couple:

1) Go to the gym 5 days a week, even if it's just for cardio.
2) Do something cultural in DC atleast once a month. My first mission is to go to the new Smithsonsian for the American Indian.
3) Do something every day that is good for me.

Which bring me to my quote for the year! It's from a song by Heather Smalls. Love her. Have been listening to her CD and it's just amazing. There are so many great songs, but "Proud" is my favorite. So even though it's kind of old, it's my theme song for 2005:

"I look into the window of my mind,
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me know
And you can do the same.

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
You could be so many people
If you make that break for freedom,
What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home