Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Hands Free DC

So like last October DC went hands free. For cell phones. So no more yacking on the phone with the cell phone in one hand, a drink in the other and the steering wheel gripped firmly with your thighs. Or something like that.

Of course the crappy cell phone I get from work doesn't have bluetooth so I end up using the headset with a cord. So not cool. But I deal. I mean, they are giving out tickets now. So I promise I'll be good. Really I will.

So this AM, I'm driving to work, cruising down M St. in Georgetown and I have to stop at a light. So this police cruiser turns left in front of me and as the cop passes me I notice he's yacking away with a cell phone pressed to his ear.

Should I have tried to do a citizen's arrest?

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger CG said...

Do NOT attempt an arrest!

The easiest way to show your displeasure is by using the international symbol for "you're using a cell phone when you shouldn't be - please respect the rules of the road."

That's done by raising your middle finger in the direction of the offender and sticking out your tounge at the same time.

Try it next time! I'm sure you'll get results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home