Monday, February 27, 2006

The Quest, Child Abandonment, and Buying Body Parts

The Quest. So I'm totally in love with the new Natasha Bedingfield song, "Unwritten." I loved it when I first saw it on VH1. And then on the cruise at the last dance, they played this awesome remix of it and I was just overwhelmed by it. It was one of those moments that the music just completely resonated with me and just felt so right and so good. So I determined right then and there that I would get a copy of the mix of Unwritten. And so begins the quest. MSN Music: Nope. I-Tunes: Nope. Via Google I find out that what I'm looking for is a promotional CD that was sent to only certain DJs. Great. It's up for bid on ebay at $50. FIFTY DOLLARS?!?!? For one CD with 5 remixes of the same song? Aghh, I'm torn. In desparation I email this DJ I know from Ptown who emails me a copy of it. LOVE HER! And I am so rockin to this song right now!

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten


Child Abandonment. I totally forgot that my sister is coming into town and she shoots me an email. We're making plans to get together for dinner and in her emails she says that my 6 year old nephew had a meltdown the night before she left LA. Apparently he was just utterly convinced that she was moving to a new home and leaving them there. She said it was heart wrenching, but I just couldn't stop laughing. I know that's bad, but I can just picture it. Of course it's funny to me after the fact, I'm sure my sister felt like Mom of the Year as she packed her bag to come here.

Buying Body Parts. I can't wait for the future when we can buy body parts. Preferably online if possible. What's first on my shopping list? New ankles. Walking back from the gym tonight, I hit this one little piece of round concrete and popped my ankle. It hurt like a bitch and I've been walking on it all night. I just know that it's going to stiffen up tonight and I'll be limping tomorrow. So definitely new ankles. Then I'm thinking a new chest. Not Ah-nold big, but nice size. Oh and a size 30 inch waist. And since I'm working down that way anyways, I'd like a nice big . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home