Monday, October 02, 2006

I Love Kylie

And I'm willing to duel Jimbo for her.

I first heard Kylie when I was in Australia in 2001. Sure I had heard that crazy/awful "Locomotion" song, but that doesn't really count. No it was in Sydney that I first came under Ms. Kylie's spell. I was spending my nights on the Golden Mile that is Oxford St. There must have been a dozen gay bars within a 8 or so blocks. Just heaven. I was newly out and the world was my oyster. I was staying up late, hitting the pubs, then slamming a red bull (yeah, that's right I was IN on Red Bull back in 2001!), and then I would dance the night away. At some point, almost every night, I would end up at the Midnight Shift which a nice little dance floor always packed with hot little Aussies. It was like a dream come true. Night after night I would end up at the Midnight Shift. Kylie would start to play and I would sing with her:

One a night like this, I wanna stay forever, stay forever,
One a night like this, Just wanna be together
One a night like this


1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger d.K. said...

Nice post. I cherish those types of experience and plain fun from my past as well. I'm sadly so out of touch with pop culture that I don't know who Kylie is. Sad for me. I don't know when that happened, but when I read the Style section in the paper on occasion, I'm lost. But your Aussie experience does sound like "good times!" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home