Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Trey circa 1985 (or when I was young)


Here I am at age 18. I've graduated from high school and I was getting ready to go the Naval Academy. Dad and I flew to North Carolina and then drove up to DC and finally made our way to Annapolis. Induction Day (I-Day) was July 2nd 1985. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Sure I had heard my Dad's stories of West Point, and some stories from my sister about the Air Force Academy, but I don't think any of us really understood what lay before us: marching, formations, chow calls, inspections, rates, "training", etc. Oh, and school, and some sort of sports.

This is the my plebe photo from the Naval Academy. Gee, I was really thin back then.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger PeeKay said...

even back then you had a flair with the front of your hair. too cute!!!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger d.K. said...

Thin, yes, and very handsome...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home