Sunday, November 12, 2006

T Minus 30 and Counting . . . . . .

Yep, there are just 30 days till I turn Forty. The big 4-OH. Or the big 4-Over the Hill. And I'm not sure how I feel about it all. Should I be worried, depressed, upset, happy? What is the correct emotion I should be feeling right now?

I've been trying to think about what I'm doing with my life. Well I would start to think about it, and then think of something else since I'm sure I don't want to really think about it.

My horoscope from MetroWeekly is eerily prescient: Sagittarius: You've climbed every mountain and forded every stream, and now you don't know where to go because the path of most resistance seems to have disappeared without a trace. Take your time. Enjoy being a little lost and at loose ends. Resolution comes suddenly.

I have felt lost for awhile. Just sort of plodding along. And it doesn't feel good. It feels like I'm missing something, so great opportunity just waltzed by while I was wandering aimlessly. I hope the resolution comes suddenly, but not painfully.

I think I'm going to start working on some new life goals. A new list to work off of. I want to learn a foreign language, I want to travel some more, I want to get a tatoo, I want to write a novel. Some of it I think will probably be beyond me, but maybe it's good to have some goals that are just too far out there, just so you can push yourself to see if you can reach that far.

One of my goals for this year was to lose some weight. And I didn't succeed. I've lifted, and I've done cardio, but my eating habits suck. And so I'm pretty much where I've been all year. Not really fat, not skinny by any stretch of the imagination, just sort of thick and stocky. But in a good way I tell myself. I'm really good at lying to myself.

Well I didn't want this to be a debbie downer post, becuase that would be so typical. And I really aspire for more. T Minus 30 and counting . . . . . .

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Chrislbs said...

Living in the world of our aspirations is a good thing. At least we have something to aspire to. Sorry that I will not be there for the party.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Vig said...

I didn't succeed either at the weight loss by the way. It isn't so bad. I'm going to try again though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home