Monday, March 19, 2007

But I Look Good, Damn It!!!

So my Mom works at the church thrift store and so I end up with all sorts of dead men clothes. I know she means well, and a shirt for $1 is a good deal. Or it would be if it weren't HIDEOUS! So I thank her, keep it in my closet for a couple of months, and then when I go on a closet cleaning spree it's on it's way to Goodwill.

Anyways, for Christmas my Mom got me a nice silk tie from the Thrift Store and I just hung in my closet. I don't know. It's just didn't work for me. But when I got up this AM, I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. And with the brown dress slacks and the little too dark for french blue shirt I was wearing it looked good. And I got a number of compliments. I was remarking to one of the ladies (because let's face it, they would be the only one's who would notice), how I had a hard time matching the tie and she responded. Oh, it would look good with a burgandy suit. And I stopped, and I looked at her. Burgandy suit? You know, like a maroon suit she said. A maroon suit? I don't think I've ever seen a maroon suit. And she said that they were very popular. And sure enough, when I went back down to my desk, she had sent me a link to a maroon/burgandy suit. OMG! Not only no, but do I look like a pimp NO! Hello, I'm a slacker by not wearing the requisite blue or black suit every day. I'm thinking the maroon suit is just not going to fly at all.

Anyways, after work I decided that I want to work my new look at the Ultra Hip Lounge and have a drink (diet coke) with GreekBoi. So we went over there and it was dead. There was no one really there to take in my sartorial splender! I was pissed. I looked good damn it! Where are all the fabulous people to gawk and compliment me damn it!! And seriously, do you know the last time I went to a bar on a Monday night! Now I know why!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Thomas-Kevin Bähler said...

Yeah! My late step-dad coined the phrase "Dead Man's Store" to describe the various charity thrift stores my folks would frequent in Florida. Seems he would end up buying a "bag of clothes" on their Sale Day, only to discover (when they got home) that my mom had donated them the week before! She is always trying to unload these hideous polyester sweaters on us, usually about 3 sizes too small. If I wore them I'd look like a way-too-fat clone of Percy Faith or Lawrence Welk dressed for the golf course ... in a white or lime green, circa-1970 IZOD cardigan! Yeccchhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home