Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Au Revior Paris!

So I leave tomorrow for Amsterdam. Today after the tennis excursion in the rain, I went on a walk about. Up to Victor Hugo, down to the Trocodero, down under the Eiffel Tower, and then I walked through the Invalides till I got the St. Germain and then I crossed over the Seine and walked throught the Twilleries and up the Champs and then down Foch till I got back sister's place.

It was a good walk. But I must have opened and closed my umbrella a dozen times, and put my sweatshirt on and off and dozen times. A little bit of rain, a little bit of sun, a little bit of clouds, a little bit of rain. It was all such a tease.

I did do some window shopping. It's Soldes time in France. So you're only allowed to have "sales" in France in July and January. But I was having a hard time finding my inner shopper. I don't care if they are Dolce and Gabbana underwear. Even at 30% off, 60 Euros is just insane for underwear. I'll tell you what. If you can guarantee that I'll look like the guy on the cover. Or,if you can guarantee I'll get laid every time I wear those underwear. Then yes, I will buy them. But get real!

The other problems is that while I did find a couple of good deals, I really don't need anything. Do I really need another pair of khaki cargo shorts? No. And I've got he weight issues for what I have right now. So it just wasn't happening. Oh well, I'll save it up to spend once I get on the ship.

I thought about going out tonight to a bar or something, but I'll have plenty of time to do that in Amsterdam, so it was a psuedo quiet night at home. We walked to get ice cream and then my sister, my niece and I went back to Trocadero to watcht the Eiffel tower sparkle which was nice.

Anyways, off to Amsterdam tomorrow AM!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home