Thursday, August 02, 2007

Over Sharing

So I've got a new "friend" at the gym. Well let me clarify that. So I knew this guy like 4 years ago who went to my gym when I lived in VA. And when I say knew him, I mean the nod your head, ask about the weather, more like a familiar, yet random, acquaintance. I guess he moved away, then moved back, and now goes to my gym. And suddenly we are like BFF.

Now first of all, I'm not a BFF type. At all!

Secondly, I'm not all chatty Cathy at the gym. I'm not saying that I'm anti-social, but I'm there to suffer, preferably in silence or listening to my nano, and then I want to go home. Okay, so maybe I am anti-social.

So to sit on the bike and just chat for 3o minutes is so not me.

And then, dude, I'm so NOT your BFF. Stop telling me stuff. I don't know you. You don't know me. I don't care about your friend who's addicted to Tina. Or what your friend's psychiatrist said. Or the time you put this guy on all fours and pounded away.

Please stop. Oh, dear Lord. Please stop. I don't want to know. I don't need to know. You must stop sharing. It's wrong. Very, very wrong.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger tankmontreal said...

I feel your pain.
I use reading material as well as music to deter unwanted interactions (which is just about all of them). I go into my own head space and I'm left alone, unless I choose otherwise. Plus it makes the time on the machine seem to pass a hell of a lot more quickly.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

so you aren't BFFs, he just thinks you are his?!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Chrislbs said...

Point to earbuds, lips the words "Really great track." Continue exercising. Ignore the person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home