Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year?

Well I'm back from Paris. I had a great time. I'll sprinkle some pics into this post. Time with the family was good even if there was a bit of tension in the air. I only made a couple of small waves, and not about the gay thing, but about the Episcopsal vs. Anglican thing. What's happened out in Atwater CA is a travesty and just boils my blood! But anyways, I think if you get 5 adults in a small apartment with two small children, there's going to be some tension.



Christmas was good until we went to see Eiffel Tower and my niece had a complete meltdown. Oy vey, not pretty. And my nephew doesn't help. It's odd though that they usually melt down at different times. As my sister put it, "Poor Sissy just bonked." That's the short hand for hitting the wall and losing it.

One of the things I love about visiting my sister is the funny shorthand they create. We're going to walk down the Fosh (Ave de Foch) to the Champs (Champs Elysees). Putting an obvious American take on french words and just making them funny.

Anyways, my flight back rocked as I got upgraded to Business Class and it was definitely SWEET! I watched some flicks, had some decent food, and managed to sleep a bit as well. And I finished Harry Potter Book 6! So it was good.

Went back to work and that was okay I guess. There's a whole bunch of stuff going on and I really don't want to deal with it anymore. And it's only going to get worse. But, I do get to run away in January to London to visit the doppelganger, and then to San Diego for work. So I'll have some distractions.

Went to see "I Am Legend" with SuperLawyer. Good, but very scary and suspenseful. Not really my cup of tea, but it was good.

Last night, GreekBoi, another friend, and I went to Town in DC. I'm really beginning to like it. And didn't mind all of the circuit boys with their shirt off.

I'm still huge, but making progress. And that's part of my plan for 2008. Yes, I know, how cliche-d. But the whole thyroid cancer thing f&*ked with my metabolism so I gained some serious weight. I've lost almost 10 pounds. So I'm making progress. But I still have a long way to go.

That's it for today. Don't hurt yourself breaking all of those new years resolutions at one time. Try to space them out a bit. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home