Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wasted Weekend

So this weekend has been a waste. Friday night it was pouring down rain and the thought of going out just didn't appeal to me at all. Plus I started to have a head ache that would curse me the entire weekend.

I got up Saturday morning with the best of intentions of working out, of doing work, of doing something. But this constant low grade headache, and my quasi-permanent state of fatigue, didn't really help. So after doing the minimal set of chores, I crawled into bed for a nap. Sort of tossed and turned. Got up and finally walked outside to Filene's Basement to buy some stuff. Walked back. Hit Whole Foods. And then I sort of channel surfed my way through the evening. I couldn't really watch anything since everyone was showing horror movies or some such crap. I did go out last night and what a mistake that was. Add a smokey bar to the fatigue and headache and you're not going to have a good time.

I did get two phone calls yesterday from friends. I love them both, but the questions I don't want someone, even my friends, to ask to me are:

- why aren't you happy?
- where do you want to be in three years?

Now sure they are perfectly reasonable questions that I would normally avoid them even if I wasn't feeling bad. But tired, and not feeling well, I quickly changed the subject.

I'm still feeling poorly and I'm not going to try to work on the happy question. But the other question does seem to drag on me. It kind of goes back to the post I had before. And I do find it amusing that what I said then is true. After the vacation I managed to push those thoughts and questions away for a time. I'm almost prescient. It's probably time to figure out where I'm going in this game called life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home