Thursday, October 26, 2006

Weekly Recap!

Well, it's been a very odd week and blogger's been finicky, so here's a quick recap of some stuff.

Reel Affirmations!
Loved it. I only saw 4 movies, but they were all good. I'll say my favorite was East Side Story. Just a great movie. Good plot, good acting, some really funny lines. I'll buy it when I can. Now, not every movie can have a good plot, or good acting. The case in point being Eating Out 2: Sloppy Seconds. Now wait, I know you're trying to figure out what E. M. Forester classic this was based off of, but I'm sad to report that while it's not based on a classic, it's also not a classic. A little bit formulaic, but still funny, and what it lacked in plot, acting, dialogue, (insert almost any quality trait), it made up for in good ole fashion skin. Oh yes, there was plenty of nudity (full frontal thank you very much) and shirtless men to make this a secret guilty pleasure.

*******************

So I got a letter from the company building my new condo. They say that they are actually ahead of schedule. Sure. I'll believe it when I see it. To be honest, the longer it takes to get built, the more time there is for the housing market to turn around. Here's a current pic of my new condo at the corner of hip and fabulous.

If you look closely you can see where the concrete kind of recesses. That's where the loft looks down into the living room. Kind of cool.

What's not cool is that I've been looking at the new condos that were built at the other end of the block. People are just now moving into them and from the opposite side of the street you can totally see into their condo. I do not need some interior decorating queen doing a walking assessment of my condo on her way to Whole Foods. "Oh gurl, what was she thinking? That shade of cumin was soooo last year." Cumin's a spice, not a color, right? But you get the picture.

********************

So I had a little pre-High Heel Race wine and cheese thing. It was great and I can't believe that we polished off over 8 bottles of wine. But we were well fortified for the cold. We left an hour before the race started, but they were already six deep by the time we wandered over to 17th St. Here's a pic of some of the ladies! "Love your hair, hope you win!"

*****************************************

And then there's New Jersey. The New Jersey Supreme Court unanimously ruled Wednesday that its state constitution requires same-sex couples to be given the same set of marital rights and privileges granted to opposite-sex married couples. But the court, by a 4-3 margin, rejected the claim that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to have their relationships recognized as "marriages," ruling instead that only the Legislature has the power to decide whether the institution of marriage in New Jersey should include same-sex couples. It's nice to know that the someone understands that GLBT Americans, citizens, tax payers, deserve equal rights and protections for their loved ones. The success wasn't total. It's not marriage. NJ can call it what they want, but it's got to afford the same protections and benefits as marriage. It will be interesting to see where this goes in NJ and what they will be called. We didn't win the race here, but I think we're leading the pack and need to finish strong to win the race.

**************************************

And the quote of the day from Adam & Steve:

"I may be damaged goods, but I'm goods none the less!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home