Sunday, August 05, 2007

Gouting Again

And it's really getting old. Wait, maybe that's me.

So when I wake up in the middle of the night and my heel hurts, that's a pretty good sign of my gout coming back. So limped around on Friday and I thought it was getting better (I was taking my drugs), but on Saturday I was hurting bad. Like almost crying bad and I've got a pretty decent threshold for pain.

But nothing less than death was going to keep me from SuperLawyer's 40th birthday bash. He so rocks. He had it catered from Red, Hot and Blue in the a ga-thousand degree heat. Oy vey. It's not like I wasn't in pain already, but then add the heat. Ugh! And he had a great mix of people, young and old, gay and straight, just very cool. So it was fun.

What was not fun is that he had a poster board of pics of him and one of them included me. I looked so good then. Dear lord, what has happened to me. Of course I cried while holding a delicious cupcake that he had made. And with the gout it's not like I could do some manic, obsessive exercising. Nope, it was just home and bed.

I did limp to church today, but that's it. Well I did limp over to Whole Foods to get some blueberries. I've read that they are like a homeopathic cure for gout. I hope so. And for $4 a pack for blueberries, I think my medicine is cheaper!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger d.K. said...

Trey,
Did you try getting a prednisone pack from your doc? I have a couple on reserve for gout. I think I mentioned to you several months ago that when I get it (rarely), I can't even drive because even putting a sock on is unbearable. After three days, I went to the doc -- they gave me prednisone (which you take in a large dose and then taper off for a week or so), and 4 hours later, I could walk on it without searing pain. Do yourself a favor and get some -- docs know that there are really few things as painful as a gouty joint. You literally have like crystal razor blades floating around in the joint -- not cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home