Sunday, April 24, 2005

How I Learned to Stop Sleeping and Love Insomnia

So I go through periods of insomnia. They eventually end and I rejoice in the sweet embrace of a deep sleep. But this has been an awfully long spell and I was starting to lose it. Only getting 2 or 3 hours at a time. If I lay in bed longer I get sore, and mad, and frustrated. Why can't I sleep? What's wrong with me? Don't I know this is going to make me MORE tired in the morning?

So since this spell has been going on a bit long, I've tried some different things. I've cut out my Crystal Light Ice Tea fix at night (which has very little caffeine to start with, but you never know). I've tried Tylenol PM. I've tried hot showers. You name it, I've tried it. So I started thinking, what if it's not me? What if my matress has finally died. I mean, I got it in Dec of 89. Yes, 1989. That's like 15 years ago. So maybe it's time for a new matress. So I made the trek to Landmark Mall where Hechts was having a sale and I got a new matress. It gets delivered on Friday. So that's only 5 more nights of no sleep. So my plan now is to get up when ever I wake up in the middle of the night and try to do something productive. Let's put this insomnia to some good use!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home