Sunday, June 12, 2005

What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud?

Well Pride Weekend is over, well atleast for me. I'm sure the partying will go late into the night, but not for me. I need to get some stuff done at home and get ready for work like the responsible gay man that I am.

Yesterday I went to the Pride Parade. It was great, but long. I sat with one of my friends and his children and we watched the Parade. Mr. DC Eagle, Scott Jones, was on the Eagle float in a HOT leather jock. Yummy. It was great to see the politicians out, as well as the drag queens. My church, St. Thomas, had a car in the parade as well with our Rector riding in it. Today at church she quipped that it was the first time she had worn a tiara! There were lots of great floats and a lot of different groups represented. But it was over two hours long. After the parade, I went home and just chilled out. Yes I should have gone out, but I didn't. I was tired and I just thought I would stay home. And I'm okay with that.

The Pride festival was great this afternoon. Lots of hot guys with no shirts on. Lots of different types of people. It was fun. Deborah Cox just W*O*R*K*E*D that stage. She sang a great medly of 3 or 4 of her songs, then sang Nobody's Supposed To Be Here, Easy As Life, and then for the encore, Absolutly Not. She was awesome. But it was just insanely hot, so after a bit, I returned to my nice AC'd little condo.

So what I have I done to day to myself feel proud? I ran. I went to church. I supported some great organizations at the Pride Festival: HRC and the Whitman Walker Clinic. Overall I have to put today as a big check in the win column.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home