Monday, July 04, 2005

Boogers! The Other White Meat?

Just got back from a great trip to LA visiting my sister and her family. I just love to visit my neice (almost 4) and my nephew (6). My nephew is the biggest drama queen. I can't remember what he wanted for lunch one day, but my sister didn't have it, so he stomped his foot and said:

"Fine. Then I'm going to go up to my room and have boogers for lunch."

How do you respond to that?

My neice is all ready for college. Apparently my sister made some sort of comment about how she could buy something after she goes to college and makes some money. So now my niece thinks college is like a bank or something, just some place you go. And afterwards you have money. The funniest part is that now my sister can use that as leverage to get her to pick up her toys, eat her vegetables, etc. It's just hilarious.

Anyways, it was the best trip. Did I do anything gay? Nope. Between the jet lag and chasing after my niece and nephew, I was just wiped out by the end of the day. Going out to West Hollywood or any such place like that was just not an option. Having children is not for people who tire easily, or are lazy. I repeatedly thanked my sister for having her children. I love them, but I don't have to live with them, and my parents are happy with grandchildren.

Not to end on a down note, but I must say that I absolutely DESPISE Dulles airport. It's a haze to get to, even driving. The remote parking lots are like in Siberia. The main terminal is a ZOO! The security lines are just unreal. And then you get to the remote terminals and they are all packed with people and the low ceilings and too few windows makes it feel dark and confining. Just not good. I don't care if I have to do a layover, I'm not flying out of there again (unless it's international). It's just not worth it. Oh, and I forgot where I parked in the hinterlands and ended up walking through three different parking areas to find my car in the 90+ degree heat. Yeah, that's a good way to end a trip!

Pics of my niece and nephew when I get a chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home