Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oh the Irony . . . .

As I walked out of the quite tragic Golds in Rosslyn, there was a sign for a new Gold's in Clarendon opening soon. "Right Across from the Cheesecake Factory!"

And for the bonus round, I was listening to NPR waiting for SuperLawyer's interview and they were talking about Saddam Hussein's trial for gassing his own people back in the 1980s. The interesting thing I learned is that at the time the Reagan administration wouldn't even impose sanctions against Iraq! They thought sanctions would be too harsh and they were trying to win over Iraq as a strategic ally against Iran. So let me get this clear: at the time=sanctions too harsh; 20 years later=invade the country. Ah yes, it all makes sense to me now.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger d.K. said...

yeah, sometimes the facts are hard to take. even more sadly, no one points out the extreme hypocracy, except perhaps Saddam. It just gets more and more unreal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home